When you come to Northwood Veterinary Hospital, you can expect quality and compassionate care for your pet.
When you arrive you will be greeted by our front desk staff, we will review the information you submitted online or gave us over the phone to make sure we have all the correct details for our files.
We will do our best to make sure you are brought into an examination room as soon as we have one available. Our goal is to make sure all of our patients are seen on time, but there will be occasions when we have an unexpected delay due to an emergency or because we are providing care for a patient that needs a little more time. Please accept our apologies should this occur, and understand that the same dedication and courtesy will be provided to your pet should they ever need it.
Here’s what to expect during your visit:
- Once checked in, one of our team members will weigh your pet and see you into the exam room; they will review your pet’s health history and prepare for the doctor’s exam..
- Our veterinarian will then meet you, gather information about your pet and the reason for your visit, complete a thorough “nose to tail” exam, talk about any questions or concerns you may have and plan further diagnostics or treatment as needed.
- Any recommended diagnostics tests (i.e. blood work) and treatments can often be completed in house and we can give you results before you leave.
- When your veterinary consultation is complete, you’ll go back to our front reception area where we will make sure you have what the doctor has recommended for the health of your pet when you return home. We will also handle your billing and schedule any future appointments.
- Depending on the reason for your visit, you may expect a follow-up call from one of our technicians to get an update on how your pet has been doing since their visit. If you have any concerns before we follow up, please call us.
We hope you enjoy your visit and the service we provide. We look forward to a long relationship caring for the four footed members of your family!